Sunday, February 04, 2007

Dear temporomandibular joint...

I realize I talk a lot. I have a penchant for nuts and other crunchy foods, and I clearly grind my teeth when stressed, busy, bored, asleep, and on all days that end in -y. I know that I must be difficult to work for.

But I have made compromises. I don't wear my night guard, because I know it upsets you, even though it will cost me hundreds in enamel repair. I have sworn off chewing gum and stick to those bizarre little sheets of concentrated death to freshen my breath.

All I ask in return is that you stop making it impossible for me to fully close my jaw; not just for me, but for my friends and family who are fast running out of lewd "why Sarah can't close her jaw" jokes.

I think if we work together, we can really make this having a face thing a big success.

Sincerely,
Me

No comments: