Saturday, April 07, 2007

Announcements and Feuds

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am going to Galway June 10th to 17th. For reals, yo.

SECOND ANNOUNCEMENT:

I am working for the Journal this summer!



Okay, so the "bad" news is that the Journal is only 12 weeks of work. Boo hoo and all that jazz. Yes, it involves a paycut. However, I am forcing myself to remember several key things:

  1. I ♥ the Journal to a possibly unhealthy extent.
  2. I will be able to complete the insane summer workload at the office without dying.
  3. I will actually have some time off in the summer, an event that occurs with roughly the same frequency as Halley's Comet.

So, my brain can please shut up about the paycut or whatever I'll be taking. Please. That would be awesome, thanks.



The Washington Post reports that a rare congenital disorder may have been a factor in the famed Hatfield-McCoy feud. The best/funniest part is that certain experts on the feud are denying the importance of the fact that the McCoys have a disorder which makes them irrationally angry (or, more specifically, makes them blindly furious where healthy people would just get a little irked).

This is the Hatfields, not the McCoys...but they don't look irrationally angry, do they? Of course, they have chosen to include guns in their family portrait...not sure what that's all about...


I'm sorry, what? What possible point could there be to that? How obviously a connection do you need? No one is saying the feud was caused by the illness, only that its severity and length were probably the result of the fact that the McCoy's were medically predisposed to going apeshit at the mildest provocation. How do you respond to that with derision? Ahhh!

No comments: