Sunday, April 01, 2007

April Fools = worst. holiday. EVER.

First of all, apologies for the sketchy posting of late. We're moving on to the wholly-crap-I-have-two-term-papers-an-exam-and-job-applications portion of the year, and posting goes down a little, in the priority department--this is hilarious, because all of my other procrastination techniques get ramped right up.

Today is April Fools' Day, a.k.a. my most hated of all days. The first person to "prank" me will get maimed. I'm not sure why I hate it so much (the collective mean-spiritedness?) but Wikipedia claims the name for it is Aphrilophobia...unless that's an April Fools' joke. K

However, I must admit that the English Main Page made me smile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page



I've been dying to blog about the British naval personnel being held in Iran, but frankly, it's all politics and posturing. Here's the BBC timeline (in maddeningly reverse chronological order). More helpful is this summary of the legal issues at hand. Long story short, a lot depends on whether they were in Iranian territorial waters, although even if they were, ships have a right of peaceful passage.

As far as I'm concerned, the only real question is: has Iran finally and irrevocably lost its mind? Do they think they're speaking truth to power or some similar malarkey? Do they even remember the last time they took hostages?

No comments: